Ernest D. Menold, Inc. Wins the 2019 PA Governor's Award for Safety Excellence
Updated: Mar 25
On September 17th, 2019 we were notified that we were chosen as a 2019 GASE (Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence) winner. There were 69 applicants from around the state of Pennsylvania, and then was narrowed down to eight (8) applicants to have on-site visits and presentations of their safety programs and facilities.
On August 2nd, 2019 we had two employees from the PA Labor & Industry Department visit our shop for our presentation and tour. They had asked to review "all documents and statistics related to injuries and claims, including how many employees/percent of total number are being injured each year." Then we presented on Ernest D. Menold, Inc.'s Safety Program and what makes it exceptional, which included topics like:
- Our 360 Check on all vehicles
- Our 2 minute drill card that is in all employee toolboxes
- Our weekly Toolbox Talk topics, and where we get our topics from and how we diversify them
-Our quarterly safety awards to all qualified EDM employees
- The various safety processes/ protocols/ rules we follow for our various customers' job sites
- Safety support from being a member of SMCA
- Safety support from being a member of SMACNA
The GASE award was presented to Ernie J. Menold, Ernie P. Menold, and Kevin Moore at the Governor’s Occupational Safety & Health Conference held at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center during the Luncheon on October 28th:
This award is a testament to the safety culture we've developed over the years from creating a Safety Program in the 90s, and the continual development and execution of the program by all EDM, Inc. employees. Congrats everyone!